Quantcast
Knife Lotteries - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Knife Lotteries

Just want to add that with this lottery knives run I have accomplished what I set out to - make a number of western handled knives to get some experience with new handle type and make adjustment to the grind for the Western type. I got some feedback and have already incorporated it and will make minute tweaks as I get more feedback. So far the responses have been positive on the ergonomics of the handle, so the shape is here to stay.

Now that I am comfortable with the Western handle type, I can shift my attention to other work. I am going put off some new work (miroshi deba, bread knife) as I recognize that each type will require some investment in time and I can't afford it now.

That said, I am back to my custom order list and Western handle knife is now an option.

Thanks,

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

March 21st lottery winner is Marc4pt0. Congratulation.

Marko

PS: It's funny how chance works. In one of my earlier lottery drawings, cclin posted something to the effect of that he really was hoping to win, and he won, and Marc posted that he wasn't rolled over from last lottery, and he also won. Maybe that what you guys should do to bust your chances of winning. Just saying... Jokes aside, I specifically ask my wife do the drawings, so the lottery stays unbiased.

Oops, misspelled boost.

Congratulations, Marc! Bet you're glad you missed the DT ITK the other day.

Rick
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

I also want to add that I really like how ziricote finishes and feels in a hand. It seems to have a very good gripp to it after a high polish, that I rarely find on natural and stabilized woods.

M

Congrats Marc, bet you will love that western handle i think Markos westerns are amongst the nicest i have held

Get out of town. Best smoke break news ever. Period.
    I'll catch up with you after service Marko!

I keep missing the lotteries, but they are very beautiful Marko. One day I shall have one lol

Congrats Marc

330mm Scimitar in 52100 - Lottery drawing March 30

I am going to do 330 scimitar in 52100 with ziricote handle. Price $630 shipped. A leather sheath is optional and will delay shipping by about a week. Pics of the blank shortly and specs info is to follow.

S grind and hand-rub finish. The knife is heat treated for best combination of sharpness and edge stability, and will be ground to about .015 on the edge (the preference seems to be for leaving some metal on the edge). The difficulty grinding this shape, the length, the Western handle - factors that influence the cost of this blade. 7 days return and lifetime warranty for craftsmanship and materials under normal use.

To sign up for the lottery, sign the link below.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

I will do the drawing on the 27th of March at 3pm.

Thanks,

Marko

Huw should be disqualified due to the fact that he already has too many of the awesome knives.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky