Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Knife Lotteries

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Huw should be disqualified due to the fact that he already has too many of the awesome knives.
    It's a well known fact that awesome knives can get very lonely. I try to maintain a happy & healthy population
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    It's a well known fact that awesome knives can get very lonely. I try to maintain a happy & healthy population
    Have you considered taking up Knife Husbandry?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Have you considered taking up Knife Husbandry?
    I'm guessing Mrs. Huw already has
    Dave
    Older and wider.

A blank (one of the in the picture) thus far, but should have the finished knife within days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140327_113728_resized.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	23038

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The suspense is killing me Marko...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Actually I ground one for practice today. Left .015 on the edge, kind of felt weird to leave this much metal on the edge, but per your advice, did just that.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Is there a winner yet?

Ooops...
    confused the dates. Sending out the list for the drawing.

Will have results momentarily.

Marko

PS: I mentioned in a Scimitar thread post that I ground one just yesterday for practice to refresh my skill. I have a US made scimitar as a reference knife, and I have a some good input on a scimitar from pro users. I will combine that with personal preferences of the lottery winner.

Very good odds for this week's drawing. And the winner is ... daveb. Big Congrats! I will be contacting you shortly to work out the details on your blade.

Marko

KEWL!
    Dave
    Older and wider.