Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Fabricating Knives - New Line

Meat Fabricating Knives - New Line

Hi folks,
    I am going to finally realize an idea that I have sat on for years - making butchering knives. It will be a while before I get to a whole line, but for now, this is a second type of this series that I produced.
    I have already put some work in making a scimitar and I think I am ready to start a production version of this knife.

This is a small boning knife that will be used to fabricate lamb. It is ground as kitchen knife, not a hunting knife)), pretty stiff, but thin at the edge. It's a prototype, and I would need more feedback before it will become a production knife. Oversize handle. Comes with a leather sheath.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1171.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	575.8 KB 
ID:	26516

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I will take one of each!!!

Matt, you will get have one hand-delivered this Thursday by 7pm.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Marko - the knife looks great, but I am wondering how would its use compare to a honesuki. You mention thin behind the edge AND stiff blade - how it will fare when it occasionally meets a bone? How would it differ from a petty of similar size? I am positively curios

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Matt, you will get have one hand-delivered this Thursday by 7pm.
    Ha thanks,
    But I am at a charity dinner that night so I won't be at the restaurant

Meat Fabricating Knives - New Line

Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Marko - the knife looks great, but I am wondering how would its use compare to a honesuki. You mention thin behind the edge AND stiff blade - how it will fare when it occasionally meets a bone? How would it differ from a petty of similar size? I am positively curios
    I would need to find out more about performance, but to thicken the edge is always easier than to thin - a couple of passes on a flattening diamond plate. The knife is to be uses for fabricating a lamb. I will ask the tester to compare it to honesuki and to report the results.

Marko

Point taken, looking forward to hear more as the project evolves.

Hi Marko

1st - Any general dimensions on the small boning knife would be helpful ... lovely by the way!

2nd - Would you consider selling and mounting (if that is even possible) just the blade to a supplied Wa handle (FWIW - Mickey built me a handle (Wa) for a Hankotsu that has never materialized (waited 2+ years for now ...). Just curious either way (no offense 2 u and I love your handles - just trying to find a knife for the handle I own!).

PM me when you get the chance!

Thx Tom

Scimitar please!!!
    I can wait, but...