Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Description product: A knife roll, the "Gilabert".

Question: In the 4th photo it shows handles inside leather and blades on top of leather. In the 5th photo it shows both handles and blades inside leather. I'm not sure how that works. Does the handle leather open and close? Thank you for clarifying.

Whoa, very classy. Im interested to know why velco would be better than a zipper? I know high quality zippers tend to be more expensive but for a artisanal piece like this, I think it would be worth while. Interested to know how the pricing will be on this.

We'll try to answer the questions as well as possible.

So, really the case does not have handle, is transported as a folder of documents, we have liked this design this way but have thought that to incorporate some strap in a future models.

About how it works with the blades, it is a lapel the one that opens and closes to cover the blades, the handle is under the reforced elastic bands. All lapels have a velcro closure to keep it from the movements as far as possible.

Respect of the zip vs velcro closure question, we would like to say that of in our experience zips haves more possibilities to get damaged than the velcro, in added if we are speaking about long zips. Certainly there are quality zips in the market, we don't refuse to use it in the future but not in this kind of design.

Thank you for the comments.

This is unbelievably beautiful. I love the style.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Got it, thanks.

The knife 'flaps' are something I've wanted to see incorporated into a bag for awhile. Still think I'd prefer a portfolio style over this for practical reasons. But it is a very handsome kit.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

That is awesome, not enough slots for my taste. Also it would probably be too pricy for me. Still looks great though.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

What about a clasp or two? Or a toggle closure? Something in brass to fit the rustic, classic look. It's a gorgeous knife roll!

Hi, it's a design question, as the handle to carry it, so, yes, clasp or toggle closure can be an option, it depends on the personal preferences. Soon we will start a thread where we will offer customize our products, anything can be done on leather, the only limit is the imagination.

Thank you for the all comments, we are very happy to read that you like it.