Quantcast
Doctors in the UK tried to ban knives. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctors in the UK tried to ban knives.

…should martial arts also be forbidden?

The best way to form a future society is to mold the children appropriately. Make children afraid of guns and knives and they will be more agreeable passive voters.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

The main reason this came about was due to the large occurances of knife crimes being commited in the UK.My home country Scotland has the dubious honour of having the highest rate of knife attacks in Europe-3 times as many as England with about an 1/8th of the population.I remember in the 80's having to go through metal detectors in Glasgow nightclubs as there had been a wave of random stabbings on the dancefloors.I also remember how common it was to see men in the Cities with "Glasgow smiles "as that was the common punishment dished out if you were caught by a rival gang.Then you had a huge upsurge in football violence also in the 80's/90's and every weekend there would be organised battles and often the boys were armed with knives,commonly stanley knives.When i was younger i would nearly always carry a knife if i was going out as my thinking was if someone was going to try to stab me then I wanted to defend myself,i am glad it is very hard to get guns in Scotland as i am sure they would be a lot of killings.Even when the rates of stabbings and slashings were high I never had any problems carrying my knives to and from work as they were tools of trade and excempt from the law as long as they were in an enclosed case/bag.

Just noticed this thread. A huge problem I've encountered in the UK is posting knives. "For security reasons" if you try to post any parcel the Post Office staff ask you what it is and if you mention the word "knife" they refuse to post it. They have a list of prohibited items and it says weapons, with a picture of a machete beside it. So the Post Office people decide themselves that a kitchen knife is a weapon. This is despite the fact that there is another list, of "restricted items" which says kitchen knives are fine as long as they are well-packaged. I had awful trouble the last time I tried to post a knife, after arguing with the staff in about 4 Post Offices and phoning to complain, I found one where they didn't ask me what was in it and posted it fine. So despite their own rules saying kitchen knives are fine, the morons who work in the actual places don't know the rules
    "There are 2 mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way and not starting"

Yeh I've had this problem. I have my usual "kitchen cutlery" response ready now which seems to avoid any further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by scott6452 View Post
    Yeh I've had this problem. I have my usual "kitchen cutlery" response ready now which seems to avoid any further questions.
    I've tried that, but they just say "Is it a knife?"
    "There are 2 mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way and not starting"

+ Reply to Thread