Quantcast
Doctors in the UK tried to ban knives. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctors in the UK tried to ban knives.

I remember when this first hit, so stupid. US cities will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    US cities will be next.
    Hardly. If Newtown and Aurora haven't been successfully turned into gun laws, nothing is going to change knife laws.

ER, I think that's short sighted.

Knives, in just the last 10 years, have been banned from almost every public venue including transportation hubs all over this country.

There was a time, not so long ago, when teachers would ask students to sharpen their pencils or cut an apple with their pocket knives. Today kids are arrested for bringing plastic butter knives to school, heck, for even mentioning the word "knife" or "gun" they get expelled.

I personally don't see an end to what the takers will take. I feel that the gun thing is hardly over, it's just at rest for the next tragedy that can be used.

I want to discuss more deeply but we're in the shallow end of the politics pool here.

You can't buy knives on eBay in the UK? That's hardcore. I'm always worried carrying my knives. There are a lot of things knives are useful for besides violence. Your right about the kids getting arrested Dave. I know a kid who got suspended for not reporting that another student had an L shaped piece of wood in wood shop because it could be used as a toy gun. I was suspended for a week in middle school for having nail clippers.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Those issues are solved by not voting local morons into power. Given that local elections tend to have very small voter turnouts, it shouldn't be too hard to get some non-idiots voting, if such things are issues in your locale.

If you do some searching and try to piece together the real quotes answers from chefs not just what they sensationalize in their report, you'll find they say a pointed tip is not 100% needed but it is useful and makes many tasks easier. I mean what real chef is gonna say they have to have one specific knife to be able to cook. Anyone seen cutthroat kitchen ?
    Keep your love outta my sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Those issues are solved by not voting local morons into power. Given that local elections tend to have very small voter turnouts, it shouldn't be too hard to get some non-idiots voting, if such things are issues in your locale.
    E, it's the local morons that vote other local morons into power. Vicious circle that's nearly impossible to break. Rational decision making has departed the political arena eons ago, I'm afraid.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

If you can't find a gun, grab a knife. Dead is dead.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    The last gun headline that Obama was calling for all guns to be banned. A week before there was a guy that drove 1k miles shooting people with a cross bow. Nothing was ever said about that when he got to were he was going he held up a class room looking to kill everyone in it. I was waiting for the media to call for a ban on all hunting equipment.
    Chewie's the man.

a folding corkscrew can be used as a wicked weapon; does this mean all wine has to have screw tops? cranky72

+ Reply to Thread