Quantcast
HHH Knives LINE Knife!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives LINE Knife!!!

Yep, Drinky, the handles on this one were Neon GREEN! Purple pants ROCK!! I bet you can pull that off!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Used this knife four days in a row exclusively. You are correct, Randy, I would not change a thing. The weird thing is that I generally don't like shorter knives, however, I just couldn't put this beauty down. I definetly would not shorten it any more in the heel, at 42.5mm, knuckle clearance is tight. Distal taper is spot on as is the over all F&F. Mission accomplished on this one, brother. This one fits the "line knife" moniker as planned!

Awesome Chef, Thank you for the update. Ill email you the shipping address for the trip to FLA!

The handle on this one is a custom, so the production version may not be quite as highly contoured. Yet very close. Somethings are just not possible from a production standpoint that I do on a full handmade handle. Or the cost to do it like I do is much higher and I am trying to keep the price point on these in the same 240.00 range as the pre buy gyutos. To do that. I have to give up the SS bolsters that look like they are integral. and go with a one piece handle. But otherwise. the grinds and profile and handle shapes will be very close

This is exciting stuff for me. And I appreciate any and all input from you guys, pro;s and home cooks alike

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Wow...With those Green handles you ain't gonna loose that on the line! Looking Good!

Quote Originally Posted by chefpaulm View Post
    Wow...With those Green handles you ain't gonna loose that on the line! Looking Good!
    Those handles are yellow. FIFY.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post

k.
    LOL. made me have a good laugh reading the latter half of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post

k.
    Really. They are green. Seahawk green even.

The "Expresso" knife (line knife w/ coffee bag handle) is en route to Florida as I write this. Pretty good 70-30 (more like 60-40 right now) edge started 400, 1000, 5000, finished on a leather strop. ENJOY!!!

Thanks Chef!

Availible Knives

Chef Large.. The "Espresso" has been delivered safe to chef in FLA. Thanks brother!!

Availible Knives