Steak knives and wooden plates

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaJ

Reaction score
I'm looking for non-serrated steak knives and good sized wooden plates (or boards with the top carved out a bit to keep the juices inside). Wile looking through the forum posts the knife i've seen mentioned that look interesting is the Tojiro steak knife. For wooden plates or boards i found nothing yet. Sometimes links of recommendations were no longer working.

Which steak knives would you suggest to have a look at and can someone recommend wooden plates/boards to eat a nice steak from?

Thank you, the big plate looks nice. Do you know if these can withstand warm and moist food? I found their website and they state: "Not recommended uses for soup-like food." and it's laquer coated. I think the steak juices and fried veggies could count as soup-like.

Sorry, not sure, was in store today for non plate related purchasing and saw em, never used.

They are quite reasonable priced, so i could see if i can order one of them and try.

Looks like it could work, if it would not have that groove.

Looks good to me Steak ,Baked Potato,put a little garlic butter S&P wt. the corn on the cob.:hungry:

Seems like the groove would keep the meat juice away from other items on the plate. What don't you like about it?

I usually eat the juice and other sauces/side dish would get trapped in the groove so i'd prefer such a plate without the groove.

Craving a steak now, really.
:knife:

Back