Quantcast
What are some of your favorite pieces of gear? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some of your favorite pieces of gear?

My knives.

For a moment, or a second, the pinched expressions of the cynical, world-weary, throat-cutting, miserable bastards we've all had to become disappears, when we're confronted with something as simple as a plate of food. - Bourdaino

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I have a feeling this will turn into the 'shopping-list-if-I-ever-win-the-lottery' thread...
    Stefan
    Nothing wrong with that. Though so far I'm pleased there's been some high end stuff as well as everyday tools mentioned.

Left handed fish spat, Rosle tongs, multiple plating spoons, olivewood risotto spoon, high-heat rubber spat, oxo silicone micro whisk, microplane--- all indispensable during service.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Good ones Chris. Rosle tongs FTW! Where do we keeps all of our tools? Ultimate edge deluxe 18 pocket knife kit of course.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Several kunz spoons, regular and slotted. 4inch f.dick fish spatula. Hi temp rubber spatula. Whustoff shears. Husky needlenose pliers for pin bones.cuisinart buerre blender.

Many have mentioned some of my favorites but one gadget I would repurchase if lost is the pigtail flipper. Turns me into a magician with a magic wand.

http://www.amazon.com/Pig-Tail-Food-.../dp/B0000AV0T8
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

i used to make those. Made a giant one for my dad so he could flip Elk and bear roasts. It was forged all out of mild steel and I carved the steel handle into the head of an eagle. I also made one out of a 200 year old lightening rod once upon a time. Wish I still had that one. It's in a good home now though.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    bear roasts, head of an eagle
    That is all.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

My nearly twenty year old mundial carving fork. I did a trade school cookery subject as a high school elective, and this is the only piece of kit I still have from it. Rosewood handle (that I'll replace one day), light, thin, sharp and tough. Not awesome for actual carving, but I use it for cooking and plating everyday. Not. High end fork at all - I bought it when I was fourteen.

Also my bbq tweezers. 35 cm, fine tip tweezers. Long and tough, just for chargrill work.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    OXO tongs, other than knives and pans, there is little else I can do without.
    Jason