Itinomonn

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff1

Reaction score
Can anyone here give a review for the itinomonn wa butcher? I like the shape the size and more importantly the price and it looks like a knife that won't chip at the first sight of bone.

I had one, it definately won't chip easily, it is thicker than a traditional western boning knife and has no flex. It's been mentioned elsewhere, and I agree that the knife is suited more to breaking down while beasts/ primals than for things like removing silver skin.

I have Huw's old knife and I use it daily for breaking down chickens and deboning them , it is not chippy at all. The chickens are not even a real challenge for it , I believe it can handle ducks, turkeys, emus, ostrichs.... without any problem

Just grabbed this 90mm petty. My hand cramps when peeling stuff *I think* because of the usually small handles of paring knives. Hoping the larger wa handle will help that, and I like that the blade is not very tall at all, only 19mm, which should help too.

I have the butcher too - it was obviously built to withstand heavy use. It has quite substantial handle, thick, strong blade with zero flex. It arrived from Maksim shaving sharp and is easy to keep that way. For home use I would maybe prefer 10 or 20 mm shorter blade, but it is not too large. I have used it recently to pry-open a coconut (I just sawed a little opening and the forced the knife inside and twisted it). No problem. I agree with what was said about - for silver skin removal you just take a different knife. The shape of the blade and in particular of the tip (too pointy) is IMO not great for silver skin. I use 210 gyuto because of the tip shape.

I consider changing handle on mine - I have a nice burnet chestnut octagonal handle that could actually fit.

Bottom line - it is a great robust knife that my grandchildren (should I ever have some in maybe 30 years) will probably inherit.

Good knife to have around. Not expensive, and you don't worry about it. I don't hack up animals with it as much as use it to test new sharpening stones wide-ish bevel. Otheriwise, I use it for anything that seems fit knowing, yes, it's thick and won't chip easily but still sharp. Not a beautiful knife but a practical one.

Latest posts

Back