On counter magnetic blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc2442

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
So I have been patiently waiting for stores to get an item back in stock.....the magnablock or similar, basically a quarter crescent magnetic block that sits on your counter and stores knives.

I don't have space to hang a magnetic strip along the wall, and drawer space is limited, so I thought one of these would be a good solution, and be able to show off knife purchases as well, but no one seems to have gotten any since the beginning of the year.

Anyone have one that would care to voice an opinion? Is this something to avoid, is that the reason retailers have not restocked? Am I better off just getting a custom knife block to fit a few larger knives in?

Th only ones that I have seen is one guy on Ebay, but you have to buy a 3 knife set as well.

I have never seen one in person, and I don't know the dimensions, but it seems like it might have a hard time with anything over 240 mm. Although they seem to get reasonable reviews.

Wanted to bump this thread back up. Seems like a good alternative since boardsmith isn't currently making knife blocks. Any opinions?

I have a Miyabi that I've used for over a year and I'm pleased with it, except for the limitation of size. Nothing much longer than 240-250mm will fit.

5f7982a3.jpg

Rick

I have a Miyabi that I've used for over a year and I'm pleased with it, except for the limitation of size. Nothing much longer than 240-250mm will fit.

5f7982a3.jpg

Rick
Thanks Rick. Glad your happy with it. I looked it up on the web. Think I will pick one up. Just wanted to make sure people didn't hate them for some reason. They seem easy to clean. Tired of getting knives out of boxes and sayas every time I want to use one. 240mm will get most of them out where I can use them. Doesn't seem like there are any I have stumbled on that can hold a 300mm unless I go with a bar on the wall.
Richard

5f7982a3.jpg

Rick

My magnet is very firmly attached to the wall, and the magnet is quite strong. How heavy is the counter top model? It doesn't look like it's attached in any way. I'd be afraid it would tip over when removing the larger knives. ???

I like the look and I may be crazy but I just don't like the idea of tips pointing downward. I may have to build one that is suspended in air so you can point the tips upwards. I have a couple ideas on how it can work.

I like the look and I may be crazy but I just don't like the idea of tips pointing downward. I may have to build one that is suspended in air so you can point the tips upwards. I have a couple ideas on how it can work.

Sounds interesting hope you post pictures if you do one.

Back