Greetings from Mexico

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjwit

Reaction score
Hi gang,

By way of intro, i'm retired living to the north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have several Japanese Knives and sharpen both freehand and sometimes on an Edge Pro. Great community you have here.

Thanks Anton. It is great - i'm a bit north of PV - not so much of the hustle/bustle but a terrific lifestyle.

I have an acquaintance that lives there! We almost got some surfing in while we were visiting her, but... we started having some beverages instead... Awesome place to be! You're a lucky man! Congrats and welcome!

just added this to my profile:
Have or had:
Shun Classic
Shun set of 3 faux single bevel
Wusthof classic
Goko 240 Gyuto
Suisin Inox
Masamoto KS
Takeda
Tanaka
Mizuno Usaba
Honosuke Fujiyama

welcome I to be visiting your country to the south soon. I am in need of some sunshine

Can't say as I blame you. Today's high is in the low 80's

Not sure how, but I recently got into sharpening, mostly my kitchen knives because of an increased interest in cooking.
Its a pleasure working with good tools in good condition. This has also lead to interests in cast iron and stainless steel cookware, and cutting boards, and their preparation, care and maintenance.
I'll lurk a lot before I post something and cause a furor.
As Lincoln said, "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."
Looking to absorb a bunch of information here.

I hear ya Tack, cost me some $$$ when I switched to Le Creuset for the very same reason.

Back