Quantcast
End of the Road Sale - Dave Martell's DVD set - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: End of the Road Sale - Dave Martell's DVD set

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    recived mine today!!!! not dave's fault but the post to blame(2 and a half months of waiting)
    Good to hear you received it in the end Now enjoy and marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    recived mine today!!!! not dave's fault but the post to blame(2 and a half months of waiting)

Mine still haven't yet arrived to Sweden. Still some where out there in cyberspace.

First traveling around in the US for almost a month & then ??? Who knows. Someone maybe took it for a swim over the North Atlantic Ocean? Or is it the Post man who have a hard time learning how to sharpening knives? Or maybe it was/is onboard the missing Malaysian Airways plane? Who knows.

----------------------------------------------
    Date & Time Status of Item Location

February 10, 2014 , 10:38 am
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility .
    CHICAGO, IL 60666

February 7, 2014
    Depart USPS Sort Facility .
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 6, 2014 , 10:32 pm
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 6, 2014 , 4:08 pm
    Dispatched to Sort Facility .
    FLEETWOOD, PA 19522

January 22, 2014 , 10:28 am
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 22, 2014
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 21, 2014 , 4:28 pm
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 17, 2014
    GREENVILLE, SC 29607

January 17, 2014 , 7:31 pm
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
    GREENVILLE, SC 29607

January 17, 2014 , 5:12 pm
    FOUNTAIN INN, SC 29644

January 17, 2014 , 12:29 pm
    Acceptance .
    FOUNTAIN INN, SC 29644

Damn… I though Russian post is bad. It took just 1.5 month for mine to arrive…

Quote Originally Posted by frav View Post
    Mine still haven't yet arrived to Sweden. Still some where out there in cyberspace.

First traveling around in the US for almost a month & then ??? Who knows. Someone maybe took it for a swim over the North Atlantic Ocean? Or is it the Post man who have a hard time learning how to sharpening knives? Or maybe it was/is onboard the missing Malaysian Airways plane? Who knows.

Date & Time Status of Item Location

February 10, 2014 , 10:38 am
    CHICAGO, IL 60666

February 7, 2014
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 6, 2014 , 10:32 pm
    PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 6, 2014 , 4:08 pm
    FLEETWOOD, PA 19522

January 22, 2014 , 10:28 am
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 22, 2014
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 21, 2014 , 4:28 pm
    MIAMI, FL 33112

January 17, 2014
    GREENVILLE, SC 29607

January 17, 2014 , 7:31 pm
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
    GREENVILLE, SC 29607

January 17, 2014 , 5:12 pm
    FOUNTAIN INN, SC 29644

January 17, 2014 , 12:29 pm
    Acceptance .
    FOUNTAIN INN, SC 29644

I went to the post office and asked them about this and you can probably guess what they said. Since the other lost one just arrived I'm hoping that your DVD shows up soon as well. This is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    Damn… I though Russian post is bad. It took just 1.5 month for mine to arrive…

Wow, that's ridiculous too

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Wow, that's ridiculous too
    Why? Old ladies in the Russian post office also wanted to learn knife sharpening

1.5 isn't the worst case. It was funny when my college ordered winter hat on amazon before Christmas and got his package… in the middle of April. But in general it usually takes 3-4 weeks to deliver anything from anywhere to Russia (except for UPS/Fedex/etc).

Why? Old ladies in the Russian post office also wanted to learn knife sharpening

1.5 isn't the worst case. It was funny when my college ordered winter hat on amazon before Christmas and got his package… in the middle of April. But in general it usually takes 3-4 weeks to deliver anything from anywhere to Russia (except for UPS/Fedex/etc).

Do you get hit with any brokerage fees when using UPS or FedEx on international orders? This has been a problem for some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Do you get hit with any brokerage fees when using UPS or FedEx on international orders? This has been a problem for some countries.
    Here's my statistics for past 6-7 years.
    Used FedEx 2 times: no fees and fastest delivery… 7 and 4 days respectively. The only downside is price of shipping.
    Haven't used DHL myself, but lots of friends and colleges complained. Basically DHL doesn't do custom clearance, so you'd have to spent lots of time and fill lots of papers in customs.
    Used UPS twice: first time was few years ago and it was a positive experience. Not the fastest, but reasonable. About 2 month ago I ordered a package from Maxim and UPS refused to do custom clearance, so I had to spend almost a full day at customs (though haven't paid any fees).

All the other packages are delivered by Russian post (or EMS which is division of Russian post here). Our post is slow but pretty reliable in general. For all the time I had only 2 packages lost (both were some ~1$ values from Ebay). So for me the safest way is USPS. Until our crazy government change laws, we can order packages with value up to 1000€ per month, without paying any fees.

Here's my statistics for past 6-7 years.
    Used FedEx 2 times: no fees and fastest delivery… 7 and 4 days respectively. The only downside is price of shipping.
    Haven't used DHL myself, but lots of friends and colleges complained. Basically DHL doesn't do custom clearance, so you'd have to spent lots of time and fill lots of papers in customs.
    Used UPS twice: first time was few years ago and it was a positive experience. Not the fastest, but reasonable. About 2 month ago I ordered a package from Maxim and UPS refused to do custom clearance, so I had to spend almost a full day at customs (though haven't paid any fees).

All the other packages are delivered by Russian post (or EMS which is division of Russian post here). Our post is slow but pretty reliable in general. For all the time I had only 2 packages lost (both were some ~1$ values from Ebay). So for me the safest way is USPS. Until our crazy government change laws, we can order packages with value up to 1000€ per month, without paying any fees.
    I just received my package from Maksim through DHL and it breezed through customs here. The only issue I had with them was the lazy driver was supposed to deliver yesterday but didn't and marked my package as "attempted delivery".

How do they keep track of each individuals monthly purchases to say if you go over the 1000€?