Quantcast
First project: sinkbridge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First project: sinkbridge

First project: sinkbridge

Hi all, have been drooling over all the wonderful stuff everyone has been showing here and decided that I'd turn my hand to something a little more straightforward while I'm waiting for my first gyuto to arrive - a nice, sinkbridge. Oh, and it's my first post here, so "Hi!"

It's made from jarrah with teak accents and aluminium spacers. The f&f is a little 'rustic' in a couple of places given I was using mainly hand tools although I bought a belt/disc sander towards the end (oh, for a drill press!)

Anyway, on with the pics - c&c welcome!

Adrian
    Last edited by RavenMad; 01-28-2014 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Name!

That's an awesome looking sinkbridge you've made there! Congratulations and welcome to KKF

I would probably protect wood with some varnish as it may contact with water rather often. And replace screw with something like this

Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    That's an awesome looking sinkbridge you've made there! Congratulations and welcome to KKF

I would probably protect wood with some varnish as it may contact with water rather often. And replace screw with something like this
    Cheers guys. So far, I've finished it with Feast & Watson's "Kitchen Oil" which is basically a tung/nut oil that finishes matt. I'll be waxing it after the oil has completely dried with carnuba wax. I was hoping to find some wingnut screws like you showed but couldn't find anything locally - will keep looking because the one's I've used are bloody hard to turn! Thanks for the welcome and feedback!

Welcome and it looks great!

Great work! I think you're the first member from Radelaide! Welcome aboard
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Looks really clean and neat! Welcome to KKF!

Welcome to KKF, that looks awesome.

Sweet!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

may I ask

Looking at your beautiful work I feel shame about a piece of plank that I'm using as sinkbridge now. Gonna try making something at least half as beautiful as yours