Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its cold like COLD!!!

Just looked and the coldest recorded temps in Mi were −51 °F / −46 °C February 9, 1934

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Btw, they changed the formula for calculating windchill about 10 to 15 years ago, so we no longer get those -80 below days I used to experience in northern North Dakota.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

This polar vortex thingy has taken our rain away here in San Francisco. We've had virtually no rain this winter (rainy) season. One nice byproduct is record breaking warm temperatures. But we need rain....

hehe coldest it got this year so far was -41 c, they said in Winnipeg it was just as cold as Mars during the real cold stretch. Yesterday was a balmy -20 not counting the wind, and she was howling, musta been another -30something.

I absolutely agree with the fact that nothing works right in the winter when it gets this cold, some people make their living based on that. My father used to always tell me plumbers make the most money out of anybody in North Bay, because everybody's pipes freeze nonstop.

Good luck with the cold guys, I just dress real warm and seem to have little issues, but I work inside. I feel for the delivery guys and construction workers and all of the people who are out on the road working in this. I heard on the weather the sun is going to be out today, so I don't want to miss that it's been a long time

Come on, y'all are making this up. I mean, it don't even get that cold on top of the volcano and we've had snow up there twice this year!

Aloha,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

holy smoke -30 that is cold. you can do the hot water trick outside. nj was going to be cold in the single digital zone and im freezing my butt off.

Its still FREEZING here today!

I just got home from working at the new house. Frozen pipes caused by a bad well pump. Good thing I found a guy who is like a pump surgeon or something. He and his crew made it look way to easy pulling and fixing the problems! Yet it was as I said. Frigid!!! Cold as .... and I am froze chilled to the bone sort of cold.

Sipping a cup of coffee and hoping to feel warm sometime soon! lol

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

hope it get warmer for ur place soon. i moved from florida to new jersey and the weather is too cold for me i miss the weather down south

I don't think I would get out of bed at -30... It's 18 here in Texas and I can't stand it. I'm just glad the shop is 70!