• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

suien vc cleaver,jns 1k,sigma power 6k FS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

https://www.teruyasu.net/products/
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
for sale today ive got a couple of nice stones that arent seeing alot of use in my sharpening progressions. on the left is the jns 1k and on the right is the sigma power ceramic 6k. the jns needs no introduction as its one of the more popular 1k stones around this forum and for good reason. i just happen to not really use 1k stones much at all anymore. the sigma power is a lesser known but very nice stone also. ive only owned it for a little while but i can say its a hard stone, pretty fast cutting, and leaves an even finish. probably the best bang for your buck finishing stone ive ever used. the feedback is also nice on the sigma, not too slippery like some other cheaper finishing stones. ever since i bought my gesshin 4k its all i really like to use to finish gyutos with. but for someone on a budget i would recommend this sigma over a rika anyday. heres more info about the sigma stone http://www.toolsfromjapan.com/store...oduct_info&cPath=335_404_403&products_id=1680

also for sale is a suien vc cleaver i purchased this from a guy on another forum. he said its been in storage for many years and i think perhaps the profile maybe alittle nicer(less curvy) than newer suien vc cleavers. you be the judge.

so how about $120 for the cleaver, $80 for the jns and $42 for the sigma power. shipping included in the US.
thanks.

What did you not like about Suien VC

that it was a cleaver,lol. im just not into them like i used to be. suiens are basically the best carbon cleavers you can get under $250. the next best carbon cleaver i can think of is the shirogami cleavers at blue way for $250 plus shipping. suien vc is definitely the way to go if you want a good cleaver but dont want to spend too much. i barely used this cleaver before i decided it wasnt for me, but the steel is pretty hard(hrc 62-63 according to jki) and in my very limited use the cladding wasnt really reactive. it took a great edge quick and sharpened up easy. the weight is listed at 432grams at jki site, not sure about the actual weight of this one but that sounds about right i guess.

What about the JNS and the sigma together :D

that's the cleaver i sold to him, same pic that i sent to him too lol.

225mm long, 110mm tall at the heel, 112 tall in center and like 108mm at the tip. i dont have a scale. but its listed at 432grams with a 2.5 spine

I'll take the JNS 1k if it is still available. PM on the way.

oh man.. I had been considering purchasing all three of these for some time. Bugger

Back