Thread: Duck Stock???

Duck Stock???

Okay, so I deboned and stuffed a duck, and I've got the bones/extras that I turned into stock. Looking for ideas on what to make from it?

Thanks.

Reed

I've tried it with a simple lentil soup with good results

Soup with white beans or lentils works great. Or just simmer some white beans it til the stock is dry, then serve with sauteed sausage.

Duck stock is also great for wild mushroom risotto. Or as a little kicker in coq au vin.

Quote Originally Posted by seattle_lee View Post
    Soup with white beans or lentils works great. Or just simmer some white beans it til the stock is dry, then serve with sauteed sausage.

Duck stock is also great for wild mushroom risotto. Or as a little kicker in coq au vin.
    This, also works great in cassoulet. Can use it to make a pan sauce for a duck breast as well.

Yeah, it is great is cassoulet. I have a once a winter ritual that works about like this: buy 5 or so ducks on the first weekend. Sautee the breasts for immediate consumption, confit the legs, make stock with the carcasses. Then make cassoulet, just in time for the next weekend's dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by seattle_lee View Post
    Yeah, it is great is cassoulet. I have a once a winter ritual that works about like this: buy 5 or so ducks on the first weekend. Sautee the breasts for immediate consumption, confit the legs, make stock with the carcasses. Then make cassoulet, just in time for the next weekend's dinner!
    I think I just might have to start doing that myself. I love duck.

Makes a killer consomme'. Use ground venison &/or wild boar for the raft. Garnish with wild shrooms and maybe a nice duck quenelle and fresh herbs

Quote Originally Posted by cheflarge View Post
    Makes a killer consomme'. Use ground venison &/or wild boar for the raft. Garnish with wild shrooms and maybe a nice duck quenelle and fresh herbs
    Now I want some...