• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: synthetic 4-6k stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramenlegend

Reaction score
looking for something new to jump to after my 1k ,most likely a stone to finish on. I'm open minded to all offers, just wanting to try some new stuff. Not looking to break the bank but budget is flexible.

I might have an Arashiyama 6k in fairly new condition. I need to dig it out tomorrow morning to be sure its there. I would jump to this stone after my Bester 1200.

i think i remember reading somewhere that the arashiyama 6k was really an 8k stone? or maybe it was another 8k was actually a rebranded arashiyama 6k. I dont know. Jumping from a 1k to 8k seems like a big jump, but I guess you have experience with it not being an issue.

looking for something new to jump to after my 1k ,most likely a stone to finish on. I'm open minded to all offers, just wanting to try some new stuff. Not looking to break the bank but budget is flexible.

I bought this by mistake, because I already use a King 6K stone. The one I've been using works great and I don't need the new one still in the box. The one I have for sale has one of the small stands that the stone sits on . If interested, contact me.

Dan

If you look on Dave's JapaneseKnifeShapening Store Page. He address this directly saying he believes they are both the same stone just re-branded. Whether is 6k or an 8k is hard from me to say because I don't have a lot of experience with different stones in this range and I am not the most experienced sharpener. I have just used this combo based on Dave's recommendation back in the day before the Suehiro Rika was discovered.

The arashiyama is a 6k. It leaves a shiny, cloudy mirror so it seems to be higher, but it has no problem removing the scratches from a 1k, and does so in very little time. It is a great stone. Can load up a bit, but just keep it wet and unloads easily, usually just rub it with a finger quick and it washes away.

I frequently use this straight from a 1k and get great results.

When I first began to sharpen I went from a King 1000 to a King 6000 with excellent. These are the stones that Murray Carter said on his DVD's were all you needed. This is a quote from him. Let me know if you are interested in this stone that is still in the box, as wrapped from the factory. It has it's own base that you can use without a stone holder. Here are the dimensions etc. I bought the stone from Amazon and it cost me almost
$30.00 at the time I bought it. I'll sell it to you for $25.00.
Made in Japan by King
Stone Dimension: 7 x 2-1/8 x 1/2 in H
Plastic Base Dimension: 8-1/2 x 2-1/2in
Grit: 6000

Back