Thoughts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I etched this one today, its been sitting around for a while. Any thoughts?

Picture1689.jpg

Picture1688.jpg

Thank for looking! :)

Pierre, that is outstanding. It looks like flowing ice. Is the core aeb-l?

That's very nice. So I'm guessing there was one thick layer of steel and a whole bunch of thin ones. Did you make it yourself?

Yes the core is O1, the Damascus sides are 1084, 15N20, and some pure nickel. I forged it myself, yes, 144 layers on each side of the core. It was forged up in Feb., shaped and HT'ed last week, cleaned it up and etched today. hardness is 61-62. It will be available in the near future, once I add bolsters and scales.

Something different maybe. Thought about pure copper, copper/brass mokume Gonna pick a set of scales, and try to match/accent with bolsters. Damascus is another option.

Oooohh. Nice one Pierre! Black core sure is cool. That Pensacola Tiger's wood block shown above would make a spectacular wa for the... "you know what i mean ;) "

DarkHOeK

Like the acid blue maple Burl at Burl source?
By the way, that is one sexy pattern! I did say O1 was next on my radar... :D. Can anyone give me enough money to buy this knife? Haha

Back