Quantcast
Chipped My Carter in Only 4 Days - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chipped My Carter in Only 4 Days

I haven't found my Carter brittle, in the least. As I mentioned earlier, I've used it very hard, for everything from garlic, to bone in chicken. I got a tiny chip, but nothing I would ever complain about.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Brittle is not something I would describe any of my Carters. Even the "superlite" wabocho I have. This thing is 1.6mm thin at the base of the spine and it has never chipped. Twisting out avocado pits(and sometimes you really have to work them), mashing garlic, all the regular heavy stuff.

Its very safe to say that Murray knows exactly whats up.

As much as I dog Carter for his fit and finish sometimes, his knives perform like a champ. Some of the things I've seen his neck knives go through have been amazing especially if they are in deed this hard.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

I agree. I have chopped up and destroyed some crazy stuff with my necker. Its like a little tank.

I listen.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Even more bad that he dont want to produce Deba for me!
    Im really into great blade with no visible attributes of the bling, so after passing on the Shig Deba from Marko I asked Murray about the custom 220 deba. Jason answered that debas arent available he thought due lack of time. What a shame! Please mention that to Murray

Sure I've seen a YouTube video with MC talking about chipping and using his clipper lighter to test flex and failure(chipping). He also talked about how the area around the chip can be useful in determing if the chip was due to the HT. On my phone at work now but will try and dig out link later.
    I have 4 carters now and they are frequently my go to knives, am trying to resist getting a full size gyuto as well, put the CKTG in my basket before I talked myself out of it....

A friend of mine is the CFO of a large forging company. The have all kinds of crazy stuff for exmining steel. The next time he travels to the forge I'm invited to bring some knives for analysis. Should be interesting.

One of the things they forge are breaches for M16s.

+ Reply to Thread