• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Carter 6.2 sun KU Funayuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messy Jesse

Reaction score
This was a 6.2 sun (188mm) KU when I first got it, about 5 years ago, directly from Carter. It's lost a few mm in length and height since then. I would say it's between 180mm-185mm, still with good height for it's size to use as an all-arounder. The KU finish was starting to fade so I sanded it off and let it develop a nice patina.

It's been re-handled with an oversized Huon Pine (from Tasmania) octagonal handle. It has some beautiful figuring and knots, and smells amazing! The only issue is a small surface crack(?) near the bolster, which hasn't bothered me. This handle was made by a local artisan and all the Huon Pine handles had this.

This blade is extremely thin, with an amazing profile. It needs a little love on its secondary bevel but it still preforms amazingly well.

Asking $250US shipped.

i would like to be next in line if this falls through

Btw this is sold, thanks Vince.

I like Carters too! I'm only selling this because I now have a bigger one :)

Glad to hear! It is a great knife... out-cut almost everything I've owned.

Back