Quantcast
feeler WTB: Carter KU or SFGZ 130-160mm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeler WTB: Carter KU or SFGZ 130-160mm

feeler WTB: Carter KU or SFGZ 130-160mm

Just putting this out there. I have waffled a few times, reluctant to pick one up and ended up missing a few on Murray's site.

I know these sell fast so I'm not holding my breath, but better to ask and see what, if anything, surfaces.

I particularly like the funayuki and wabocho offerings with a low tip and flat edge. 150mm would be ideal, but I'll consider anything from 130-165.

Cheers.

ADDENDUM: I'll entertain and consider offers for something in a similar vein from other makers. Drop me a line and let me know if you've got anything up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    Unfortunately by the time I saw that and a few others, it had already sold. However that's the same general style I'm looking for.

http://www.cartercutlery.com/4-8-sun...bocho-94grams/

I actually added this to a cart but after deliberating and checking my account, I came back to a "sold out" page. Sucks to be slow for these.

Seems like Mr. Carter should stop pushing out all those neck knives and start making his amazing funayukis again

Heh, just checked the site and some new pieces popped up, all sold out! Guess the time zone thing is a bit of a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    Heh, just checked the site and some new pieces popped up, all sold out! Guess the time zone thing is a bit of a disadvantage.
    They were only put up about three hours ago haha!

Have you signed up for the new products email?
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Wow, I'm glad I snagged a KU funy back in October. I didn't realize production was going to slow down so much. Maybe he'll start making more.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    I second that. I would have to be up in the middle of the night not to read the email 5-6 hours after it was distributed. When the morning comes, everything is gone usually (save for the neck knives)

Wonder if the slow neck knife sales were the stimulus for the Reddit advertising.

Ah well. I'm not in a rush to get a Carter. I've hesitated on a few opportunities and am not losing sleep over it. There just aren't all that many making knives similar in style and size.