• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

feeler WTB: Carter KU or SFGZ 130-160mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XooMG

Reaction score
Just putting this out there. I have waffled a few times, reluctant to pick one up and ended up missing a few on Murray's site.

I know these sell fast so I'm not holding my breath, but better to ask and see what, if anything, surfaces.

I particularly like the funayuki and wabocho offerings with a low tip and flat edge. 150mm would be ideal, but I'll consider anything from 130-165.

Cheers.

ADDENDUM: I'll entertain and consider offers for something in a similar vein from other makers. Drop me a line and let me know if you've got anything up my alley.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.cartercutlery.com/5-5-sun-kuro-uchi-wa-bocho-wide-blade-132grams/

KUFun168x132__22486.1390322604.1280.1280.jpg

Seems like Mr. Carter should stop pushing out all those neck knives and start making his amazing funayukis again ;)

Heh, just checked the site and some new pieces popped up, all sold out! Guess the time zone thing is a bit of a disadvantage.

Heh, just checked the site and some new pieces popped up, all sold out! Guess the time zone thing is a bit of a disadvantage.

They were only put up about three hours ago haha!

I second that. I would have to be up in the middle of the night not to read the email 5-6 hours after it was distributed. When the morning comes, everything is gone usually (save for the neck knives)

Wonder if the slow neck knife sales were the stimulus for the Reddit advertising.

Ah well. I'm not in a rush to get a Carter. I've hesitated on a few opportunities and am not losing sleep over it. There just aren't all that many making knives similar in style and size.

Back