Quantcast
Maker's Mark - Need your input - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maker's Mark - Need your input

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    How about, "Kramer?" I'm thinking of changing mine to that, with three little circles.
    -M
    I wish my last name was as catchy. People twist their tangs and hiss, pronouncing my last name. I am leaning to use acronyms, either AT, or MT, laid out similarly to Bill's.
    M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    Then someday perhaps you will be "The Marko Tsourkan"
    Ha! Well played sir.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Anyway, Marko it is. Still thinking if I need to add Tsourkan and Knives into the logo. Indecisions, indecisions... Another Libra out there? Know what I mean?

On another note, I am using 180mm gyuto I made at home. I am blown away with 52100. It almost feels stainless compared with Japanese clad knives. 52100 sharpness and retention is on par or better.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    On another note, I am using 180mm gyuto I made at home. I am blown away with 52100. It almost feels stainless compared with Japanese clad knives. 52100 sharpness and retention is on par or better.

M
    Koff . . koff . . pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Koff . . koff . . pictures?
    This one is a keeper. Another one (slightly improved) is on the way.

M

This one is a keeper. Another one (slightly improved) is on the way.

M
    We still want to see your work, whether it's production ready or not. It's kind of like watching your kid's drawings on the fridge as the years go by. The first few aren't great but you still love them. The next thing you know they've grown up and your attending an art gallery preview of their work.

Besides that, by sharing your early work someone might point out something that you've missed that ends up with you making an even better knife.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    We still want to see your work, whether it's production ready or not. It's kind of like watching your kid's drawings on the fridge as the years go by. The first few aren't great but you still love them. The next thing you know they've grown up and your attending an art gallery preview of their work.

Besides that, by sharing your early work someone might point out something that you've missed that ends up with you making an even better knife.
    There was a short pause in my work, as I ordered (and received) some more equipment for heat treating and a thinner steel.

My next knives will be 240mm (255mm tip to heel) gyuto made in two different steels and send to a member on the forum for testing and feedback.

M

Anyway, Marko it is.

M
    Yeah, but what is the font?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Get your name translated to japanese and beat kanji yourself into each knife
    The translation itself may be cool, like "lotus spring in the mist of moonshine"

I tried to do that without much success. As Dr. Naka pointed out, my name is not translatable!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread