Maker's Mark - Need your input

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a dilemma here folks. I am at the point where I need to order some stencils for etching my name on knives I have made (and will make). I have narrowed to the mark to 4 possible choices.

Marko
A. M. Tsourkan
Tsourkan
Tsourkan Knives

Which one do you think will make a best logo? For font, I like Rage Itallic, same as "Marko" on my web site.

Thanks,

M

Marko Designs would seem to indicate Marko would be the logical choice. Clean and simple, easy to recognize.

i would leave out any thing that is not your name for your work later down the road you may want to have a mid tec that you could leis as your "design" or if you go to sel blade blanks you need the option of a mark for that

i use
LRH for work that i dont finish
LR Harner form my compleeted knives
and will save harner knives for a semi production knife if i see fit
now then there may be a few changes here or there to help date the level of work that i offer be it font or some kind of datign mark

"Marko" seems like a winner. However, this thread begs for someone to shout, "polo".

Here we have a thread titled "Maker's Mark," and no one has mentioned bourbon. Drink some; it will help make the choice easier (or at least the choice will seem less consequential)!

How about, "Kramer?" I'm thinking of changing mine to that, with three little circles.
-M

How about, "Kramer?" I'm thinking of changing mine to that, with three little circles.
-M

I wish my last name was as catchy. People twist their tangs and hiss, pronouncing my last name. I am leaning to use acronyms, either AT, or MT, laid out similarly to Bill's.
M

Anyway, Marko it is. Still thinking if I need to add Tsourkan and Knives into the logo. Indecisions, indecisions... Another Libra out there? Know what I mean?

On another note, I am using 180mm gyuto I made at home. I am blown away with 52100. It almost feels stainless compared with Japanese clad knives. 52100 sharpness and retention is on par or better.

M

On another note, I am using 180mm gyuto I made at home. I am blown away with 52100. It almost feels stainless compared with Japanese clad knives. 52100 sharpness and retention is on par or better.

M
Koff . . koff . . pictures?

This one is a keeper. Another one (slightly improved) is on the way.

:)

M

We still want to see your work, whether it's production ready or not. It's kind of like watching your kid's drawings on the fridge as the years go by. The first few aren't great but you still love them. The next thing you know they've grown up and your attending an art gallery preview of their work.

Besides that, by sharing your early work someone might point out something that you've missed that ends up with you making an even better knife.

We still want to see your work, whether it's production ready or not. It's kind of like watching your kid's drawings on the fridge as the years go by. The first few aren't great but you still love them. The next thing you know they've grown up and your attending an art gallery preview of their work.

Besides that, by sharing your early work someone might point out something that you've missed that ends up with you making an even better knife.

There was a short pause in my work, as I ordered (and received) some more equipment for heat treating and a thinner steel.

My next knives will be 240mm (255mm tip to heel) gyuto made in two different steels and send to a member on the forum for testing and feedback.

M

Get your name translated to japanese and beat kanji yourself into each knife :)
The translation itself may be cool, like "lotus spring in the mist of moonshine" :D:D

I tried to do that without much success. As Dr. Naka pointed out, my name is not translatable!

Latest posts

Back