I love knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mametaro

Reaction score
IMG_0905.jpgjust wanted to see if this would work. IMG_0896.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Awesome knives.

Want to sell any of those :tease:

Must have my Ray Charles on. Can't see anything.

"...and the fur trapper looked up and said, 'I can't seee'..." yeah, I can't see nothing either, must be catching.:eek:vg:

Same knife but I think Taro took the last one. Great pic. Same table as his first pics.

The 2nd pic - a pheasant with a dowel through it spinning on a motor? - I don't get that one...:cool2:

...The 2nd pic - a pheasant with a dowel through it spinning on a motor? - I don't get that one...:cool2:
a spinning pink paper pinwheel in front of wooden monument written "East Japan earthquake Tsunami"

His hinoura is from Japan. It's not the same as the one from Jon I don't think. But it is insanely badass!

posting pictures is hard for a technology challenged cook I'm thinking. Thanks again Dave!

seriously nice. always loved those hinouras, and still lusting after your collection taro.

(PS, I have a new stone coming in that you might want to check out sometime....)

Might Hans!? As in I would love to whenever you want to nerd out sir! You got some beauties as well and would love to get you behind the bar anytime for some knife time. Gunner also stopped by a few days ago with some knives as well. I think I might have to get one of those Ajikatayas from Jon after checking out the one you have.

Might Hans!? As in I would love to whenever you want to nerd out sir! You got some beauties as well and would love to get you behind the bar anytime for some knife time. Gunner also stopped by a few days ago with some knives as well. I think I might have to get one of those Ajikatayas from Jon after checking out the one you have.

I'm liking that sakimaru tako... Gorgeous stuff- I've got a weakness for those especially if they're suminagashi/ Damascus

Hope to be by tomorrow if it works out. Would love to get back behind the board again, so just give me the heads up and I'm there, even if it's for cleanup/close. You guys are among the best new stuff in town at the moment, so keep it live. Sorry to have missed you tonight.

Damn Mametaro! I might have to make a trip down south to see your knives at work! You have an awesome collection!

We need a link up night at Mame. Off the hook sushi and entertainment from the knife wielder... Just bring edged goodies and green paper. Could be a blast. Like I told Taro last night, It was the best sushi meal I have ever had world wide.

We need a link up night at Mame. Off the hook sushi and entertainment from the knife wielder... Just bring edged goodies and green paper. Could be a blast. Like I told Taro last night, It was the best sushi meal I have ever had world wide.

I'm game. I'd totally drive down for that! Actually, I'd drive down for the sushi alone. :lol: I'm guessing it was a bit easier to get a seat with the snow?

I'm game. I'd totally drive down for that! Actually, I'd drive down for the sushi alone. :lol: I'm guessing it was a bit easier to get a seat with the snow?
We still called in reservations. Well worth it too

We will most certainly save a seat for you if you come down Gavin! Though the food is definitely not worth the drive.
This is my go to yanagi. Very light, nimble, and a breeze to sharpen. Borrowed the picture from Jon as I can't do it justice. Thank you kindly sir!
11215_10151836166188860_850230792_n_zps87e0c1cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back