My Winter Break with Murray Carter.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Nguyen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Earlier this year I studied under Murray Carter for 2 weeks. It was one heck of an experience and I thought it'd be nice to share with you all.

I have an album with an overall summary and some descriptions: http://imgur.com/a/TfmXP

dV0yXkV.jpg

Hope it was of interest :)

Thanks!

awesome hope to see some knives from you soon i really am digging your style Don!

That's awesome. I learned a lot just reading your summary, I can only imagine how munch you must have learned.

Man, that was an amazing opportunity right there! hope to see even more great knives from ya don!

Your work was already awesome Don. + MC input, it's going to be quite something.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a hell of a good time!

Don,
Looks like you had an amazing experience. Congrats and nice job with the pics. Thank you for sharing it with us.

that looks like an extremely valuable experience, as well as a great time!

Don= Luke Skywalker
Murray= Obi Wan Kenobi

Thanks Don, great photo essay. I would say that you also "forged" a great relationship with Murray. Congrats.

Looks like a fantastic and inspiring time. I like this quote..
"The most important aspect of any craft is the ability to use your eyes."
Or as us Hereford blacksmiths less eloquently say, "Eyes like a **** house rat" :D
Well done Don.

Fantasy dream experience come true! I have to say, I'm truly jealous! Glad you got to do this!

Racing cars, shooting guns, flying airplanes and making knives.
Sounds like a fun winter break to me.

Heck yea. Thats AWESOME. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great adventure in knife making!

Such a great story/experience Don, thanks for sharing. Murray is a true renaissance man!

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Stefan

Glad you enjoyed the pictures guys!

Being able to see Murray work was like approaching a large mountain from far away - you realize the mountain is very big, but you don't fully grasp how big it is until you get closer. I always knew he was incredibly skilled, but when I saw his techniques it hit home just how good he was. Even with this experience I think I have only seen the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully that analogy makes sense.

makes great sense my man good analogy...can't wait to see what you have to offer in the future this can only help you in your journey

Wow...amazing. You know I'm a huge fan of both of yours. This is unbelievably cool.

Murry's sleepover camp. Awesome!!

Cool, so where did you stay? What did you do with your spare time? It's the tidbits I want to hear?

What a great week, thanks for sharing!

Back