• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Four FS and a Freebie

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
Top to bottom
CCK 1301L with a Fish handle $185.00
Doi Dragon Yanagi 300mm $380.00
Konosuki HD2 Funayuki Gyuto 270mm $275.00
Takeda Sasanoha 240mm $260.00
All prices are shipped in the conUS

Mag bar is free for whoever claims it. I don't have the screws and it has double sided tape on the back of it

IMG_4713.jpg

Would love that yanagi, but no cash and Mike probably won't take handles as payment either ;)

GLWS,

Stefan

Care to educate me on the fish? :lol: I've been looking for a cleaver!

It's "Fish" handle. He took kitchen knife handle making to an art form. CCK is a CCK. Good veg cleaver.

Google Syntax: Go to Google, and copy/paste the following in the search field: site:kitchenknifeforums.com Fish handles

if the cck falls through let me know, would be interested.

Guys that Takeda is a good one not a wedge monster that have been the topic of much discussion lately. If interested I will sell this with a money back guarantee if the buyer doesn't like it

Whooo Hooo! Thanks Mike!!!

I have only recently become aware of Fish or his work. Over the last few years. I have admired his knives from afar over the last couple years. Im honored and happy to have scored this cleaver. Another tool I have wanted to add to my modest lineup.. From everything I have read CCK makes a nice cutter . so this combination, Fish and CCK makes me smile! Thanks

I will take some glamour shots of this one when It arrives and share on the FISH thread! I think I seen a original photo of it already there..

I would love that Takeda but alas I'm broke...

I really thought that HD would go first
$260.00 for the HD
$250.00 for the Takeda

I pmd about the Takeda and sent payment!?

Amazed the HD hasn't sold yet. The HD funayuki is my favorite gyuto, hands down.

My 270 kono is 252 on the edge....

Lol! Really??? The konos ive owned in the past usually had an edge length of 260-262mm, i expect them to run short but 20mm short would piss me off.
BTW it wouldnt be hard to knock a few mm off a kono either, the tips are usually paper thin.

So if I jumped on buying this Konosuke 270, actually measured it, abused it a little, and had the tip fixed couple of times. I could possibly get the Konosuke 240 I am looking for?

The 240 I had ran closer to 230.. The kid I ended up selling it to took a few chunks out of it within a few weeks. I'm not super high maintenance with my knives but he must have been incredibly careless with it. I enjoyed using it when I had it so I'm gonna snag this one to add to my superfluous collection of 270 gyutos

It's a Fujiyama, btw. Also, a coworker just picked up a 240 Kono ginsan, and it's 225 on the edge...a killer knife none the less.

Back