Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Favorite Kitchen Counter Top?

When I finally stop renting, I plan on either stainless steel or polished concrete. I know somebody who recently made concrete countertops for his kitchen remodel, and they are awesome. If you do it correctly (he used to pour concrete for a living), there is very little work to be done after molding. I believe that he used smooth plastic for the mold, and it came out very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    When I finally stop renting, I plan on either stainless steel or polished concrete.
    I am having custom stainless steel counter tops fabricated for my kitchen right now, but thought long and hard about polished concrete, too.

Another alternative would be powder coated steel. The last two places I've worked has used this for the pass and it is very durable.

For me granite was the best until I saw my first concrete Countertop I was sold. I have had the chance to frame and put some as well that was awesome but a *****

I did a ton of research on this a few years ago...including learning to pour my own concrete countertop.

Granite is hard to match if you need a new countertop. Concrete is also hard to match and frequently easily stains and can have finish issues with freezer temps. I have a concrete island, and that's what convinced me to go with quartz.

I think the only other material I would choose is stainless steel.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

It is very tricky to finish blemish free I agree but when done properly is the best look for me