210 line knife prebuy thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Ok guys finally finished with the prototype.
210mm long blade 39mm high
Price $275 for AEBL $475 for Damascus
If you want in pm me the details for handle and bolster(if you like) and paypal $125 to [email protected]
This one was done in curly mango and it is taken.

Thanks,
Del

100_1450.jpg
100_1453.jpg

Oh man. This makes me wish I was a chef instead of a PT so I could justify having this knife and really getting to use it for it's intended purpose!

This thing's gorgeous!

Oh man. This makes me wish I was a chef instead of a PT so I could justify having this knife and really getting to use it for it's intended purpose!

This thing's gorgeous!

And all the pros need PT. God knows I do.

It's true. I'll do hand specialty so I can work on y'all. But I still won't be able to use a line knife to its fullest extent!

I have had several pms about handles.
I currently have redwood burl
Ironwood
curly mango
curly koa
boxelder burl
black ash burl
spalted oak

I have African blackwood and bog oak for bolsters if you like black, and some amboynia if you like red

I still have some black and burgundy micarta as well

As always if you see something that Mark at Burlsource or Myron at Dreamburls has that you think would be perfect for your knife, you can purchase it from them and have them ship it directly to me. I am offering $50 off the final price if you go with this option. Also I know some of you are wood hoarders, if you want to part with a piece from your stash, the same offer applies.

Thanks,
Del

A couple of you have asked about timing for these.
My current work schedule is
I still have a couple of parings to finish, they are close. I have a couple of the line knives to do that were ordered during the paring run.
Then I'll be making the stainless Damascus for the spoon run as well as some Damascus for a customer.
Then I will be making the spoons.
Then its on to this run of line knives.
I am hoping to get all of this up to the line knives done in the next two weeks, but I am not sure I can pull it off. So I am giving a tentative start date to the line knife run between the 15th and the 20th.
As things progress I will keep you informed as to the date I start on these.
Ill be ordering steel for these tomorrow and also getting some wood in as well.

Thanks,
Del

I believe I have contacted all that have sent me messages and I have a nice typed, organized list. 9 so far and a couple of thinkers.
Del

The price is fantastic. I really really wish I could!

A couple of more notes for today before I get back to the shop.
I am planning on leaving this open until the 15th or whenever I get started.
I will make these in O-1 carbon.
Just ordered the steel for these, I will wait a day or two before ordering handle material, just to see what I have and what I need.
Thanks,
Del

Prepayment made. Really looking forward!

--Mark

I took some pics so you guys know what you're signing up for. I got with Del back in the fall about doing this knife and he began on it after the pairing knives. This knife along with another request sparked this prebuy. I requested a fuller handle for myself made out of quilted maple and amboynia. I ended up with an awesome man size handle. If you're still thinking about getting in on this, stop thinking and do it.

Just got mine. It was the one pictured. Amazing work, can't wait to take it through the paces tomorrow at work! Thanks Del

I'd like to second the part about second thoughts. This knife is worth way more than the price. Feel lucky if you get in on this opportunity, I know I do!

Working on Damascus for the spoons today, but the UPS guy just came and dropped off the AEBL for the line knives. (for those out of AEBL)
Happy Joy!
Del

PM and paypal sent. I'm having trouble deciding on the handle, though. What are people getting?

So for the past few days I have been working on the stainless Damascus for the spoons and not really having much success. I decided to take a break until Monday, but after several days of feeling unproductive, I wanted to do something tangible. I worked on getting some blanks ready for heat treat. I didn't get all the blanks done, but I did get a good start.

I am closing this prebuy to more orders.
thanks,
Del

Back