Handle material suppliers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo87

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've got some nice wood organised, drying out as previously advised :)
Next step is uhh everything else.
Where do you guys buy your spacers, mosaic pins , rivets etc from?

I'm in Australia so any AU suppliers would be a bonus but if postage is unavoidable that's okay!

There's pretty much nil in OZ in terms of good spacers and pins etc. I use Jantz, they have a great selection at decent prices. Shipping isn't as bad as you would think.
Haven't tried any of the others, there are a few ebay sellers with overpriced limited stock however I've picked up some cheap pins, kydex ($2-$3 a sheet of 12x12), and fiber spacers occasionally...

Theres also Masecraft for more exotic items
http://www.masecraftsupply.com/servlet/StoreFront

Are you after anything in particular? I might have some bits and pieces you can have...

Thanks guys, great sites . Unbelievable the stuff you can buy lol. Fossilised walrus ivory... Is that even legal? ;)

Nmko: I will probably buy the 7 pack of spacers a few rivets and a few mosaic pins, perhaps some horn for furrels. If you had some stuff laying around that you didn't want I'm sure I could find a use for it... But I'll probably get carried away ordering from Jantz anyway.
End up with more handles than knives :) Can't say my vegetarian wife would be happy about giraffe bone either ;)

Back