New to everything

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKev77

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know a thing about knives or cooking so I thought I would get a start by learning from all of you here. I am amazed at some of the things I have seen while lurking around. I am currently going through the "Youtube Awsome" thread and I am amazed at what some chefs are doing. Amazing skill.

I have to say I am not too excited about your run of the mill cooking shows due to the lousy personalities you have to endure to learn to boil water. So I am 36 male who has never had the need to cook for myself but it is time I learn to do just that. It looks like I have found a great place to learn. Time to buy a starter knife and some stones!!!!!

Welcome to KKF! Knives are a dangerous addiction.. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on them.

Welcome kev! I hope you will become an enthusiastic amateur like myself.

I really enjoy cooking, it's a great escape from my professional life. In the weekends for instance I love to cook elaborate dishes, great challenge and in a strange way really zen for me!

Welcome Kev! way to jump on the boat I think you have to know to cook why not right?

Welcome aboard Kev. We all started at zero so you're in good company.

You won't find a better place Kev! It's an amazing community. Welcome welcome!

Welcome, there is a lot you can learn from this site.

Another one down the rabbit hole.....

Thanks for the welcomes! It looks like my first lesson learned here is getting stones and learning to keep your knife sharp is more important than buying a fancy high end knife. The other lesson learned here is knives become a hobby which leads to addiction. Like I need another one of those.

Back