Quantcast
King 800x - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King 800x

Sorry Dave, it didn't occur to me until after I'd posted my above question, and then googled it and Dave popped up, I then felt like an idiot... I rarely look to see what forum the what's new posts are emanating from, lesson learned. My bad. (It also isn't firmly planted in my head that Dave sells stones)
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Wish you had the xl size stone. I do have the regular size one and it works well for that kasumi finish but I don't like it so much for sharpening. Bester 1200 cuts fast enough to render this stone useless in that regard. I felt the king 1200 was a better cutter than the 800 for sharpening as well. For single bevel sharpening though, this stone will always hold a place in my lineup. Right before the Gesshin Jinzo Aoto. Perfect combination.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Dave would certainly be vendor of choice for those in the states. And this is his sub-forum. Kind of tacky to be looking for shopping advice here.

The postage from the US to Oz is so expensive that I don't usually buy from US vendors so I'd forgotten that Dave sells stones. Given the circumstance your judgement is unnecessarily harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    The postage from the US to Oz is so expensive that I don't usually buy from US vendors so I'd forgotten that Dave sells stones. Given the circumstance your judgement is unnecessarily harsh.
    Might help if you had your location information filled out.

Yeah, point taken. Just done so. Thanks ER.

+ Reply to Thread