• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Catcheside Feather Damascus Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott6452

Reaction score
Sorry to see this one go but ive finally decided to turn my back on the cooking trade (ive listened to all the old timers warnings!).

I never use a knife over 210 in the house so anything larger than this is having to go. I start university in September so need to get the funds as high as possible.

The knife has not been used in the last 10 months and i cannot justify it staying. Catcheside 272mm sujihiki in feather Damascus with dyed burl handle, nickel silver and bog oak spacers, and the even rarer than normal multibar twisty ferrule and endcap. Very thin behind the edge, and with a great grind. Cuts like a dream with food release to match. Again the time and craftsmanship that went in to making this knife really shows. There is a tiny nick at the heel (pictured) that will sharpen out in about 2 sessions I would guess (i dont want to remove any steel prematurely). Sharpened on 1k once, apart from that, only 5k touch ups. Paid over $1400 not including handle wood. Asking $1100 plus shipping ($30 conus, $20 E.U.)

will1.jpg

will3.jpg

Will2.jpg

will4.jpg

amazing blade, sorry to hear things didn't turn out the way you'd hoped.

Such a gorgeous suji! Someone's lucky! Glad the temptation is gone though!

Back