• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS : Masamoto SW-3124 Swedish Stainless 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1P

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Selling my brand new Masamoto due to needing funds for a bigger project. The knife is with my cousin in Japan and the price listed is with shipping by EMS included, anywhere in the world.

Here are the specs of the knife :

1)blade length/tip to heel---253mm
2)blade length/tip to handle---268mm
3)total length---402mm
4)spine thickness above heel---2.7mm
5)weight---180gr
6)handle---D-shaped magnolia and the ferrule is a water buffalo horn in marble pattern

Selling price $380. The blond ferrule costed me $20 extra compared to the standard black.

Thank you.

Ferry

CC5F53C6-CCB5-4DAE-8CE4-80883C9E7467.jpg

4AB05E54-8C47-4F27-BD11-17AC3DC36305.jpg

5E99EE0C-779A-413B-B18F-32F359C1B313.jpg

Do you have a choil shot?

Hi, thank you for the interest!

This knife has the same profile and grind as the renowned Masamoto KS, but in AEB-L.

I will ask my cousin to take photos for you.

Ferry

Choil shot is pretty important(although not entirely definitive, but it does help). Lots of different KS grinds floating around. Not to say this isn't a good one, but the shot will help the sale. GLWS!

Yes, of course.

I am currently bugging my cousin to take photos quickly.

Ferry

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your information that it's AEB-L? I'm not necessarily saying you're incorrect, but have seen it described as Swedish in several places, but the particular steel was never specified. Just curious to know your source.

Hi Everyone, sorry about the wait, here are the extra photos.

B8BF524E-6271-4D1E-A664-9B6CFB8EEA8F.jpg

BD9DA37D-4DCC-4AC6-9A7A-C9DEB63AF532.jpg

80C0435D-4F6E-4BAC-B565-5A1C3FA7226E.jpg

F915ED74-7C6E-4211-925D-37AD3DC7C764.jpg

0D63C025-0DFB-427F-836D-BBAD16C968F6.jpg

120741CA-4E89-42F8-9E19-43B963815680.jpg

FEB116F7-71DF-49F1-9CC4-317213A36308.jpg

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your information that it's AEB-L? I'm not necessarily saying you're incorrect, but have seen it described as Swedish in several places, but the particular steel was never specified. Just curious to know your source.

dannynyc : There is a thread in this forum that actually discussed this, if I was not mistaken. Here is another source that you can look up to : http://www.devinthomas.com/faq.cfm

Right, the DT forum describes two types of Swedish stainless steels -- 19c27 and AEB-L. They are similar (and both great), but not the same. In other words, Swedish stainless is a general category (I believe it refers to steels manufactured by Uddenholm) with several variants.

Either way, this is a fantastic knife, I was just looking for some clarification.

Thanks Craig. With the KS's profile and AEB-L, this should be an amazing knife, assuming proper heat treatment, which it's probably safe to assume from Masamoto.

Price drop to $370!

Someone pls buy this, thank you.

Ferry

Ok everyone, price drop to $340 shipped anywhere in the world.

Ferry

Gee - I feel like we should apologize for someone else's thread crap - GLWS I got a KS last week and it's a slammin' knife.

From the BST Guidelines:

Negative comments in sales threads are forbidden and will result in revocation of B/S/T forum privileges.

Multiple comments have been deleted from this thread and 2 members have lost their BST privileges as a result of their negative comments here.

BST Guidelines

Wow, what did I miss? Anyway good luck with the sale, nice knife. Gary

Whoa, what happened when I was gone.

Knife still for sale guys, thanks.

Ferry

Thanks V1P for such a pleasant transaction. great communication and fast shipping and love the knife :)

Wow, arrived already, that was very fast!

A pleasure to do business with you,my friend. Thank you.

Ferry

Back