Quantcast
Dave's Sharpening Class - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Sharpening Class

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    could be 6-7 in DC area; maybe more
    I'd be in for either, would prefer DC/VA, though.

Hadi

I'd be in for VA. No PA for me.

I know another (forum member) who is definitely in for VA as well. Mr 420

Dave, yes, I'd like to know about duration of the class and pricing. I might know someone else who's interested.

This is great. It looks like we have 6-8 people interested in a NoVa class, location TBD. Halsegaf has also offered his house in Tysons, but I think the location of my house (Arlington) would be easier for the D.C and MD people, and closer for Dave as well. I have a 7 ft Breakfast room table or a heated garage where I can put together a "table" of plywood and sawhorses which I could make any length. There we could make a mess no worries
    Dave, what would you be looking to charge for a class in the DC area? Is it somewhat dependent on the final number in the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    This is great. It looks like we have 6-8 people interested in a NoVa class, location TBD. Halsegaf has also offered his house in Tysons, but I think the location of my house (Arlington) would be easier for the D.C and MD people, and closer for Dave as well. I have a 7 ft Breakfast room table or a heated garage where I can put together a "table" of plywood and sawhorses which I could make any length. There we could make a mess no worries
    Dave, what would you be looking to charge for a class in the DC area? Is it somewhat dependent on the final number in the class?
    I'm all for whatever is easier to make this happen. Thank you very much for organizing this!!

Hadi

My fingers are so crossed that this falls on a Sunday...

So Dave has agreed that having it at my place and in the garage would work well. So how many do we have that are serious about this knowing it will happen in Arlington, VA? As I mentioned the cost will depend on the number of attendees. His private lessons are 395 and I know while we all love the idea of not having to drive about 6 hours round trip because this class involves a lot more work for Dave it does not end up being that much less than the private lesson. Working against us is the fact that Dave will be away from his shop for several days, plus his gas, food, and lodging.

Here are the numbers: If we get 8 people the cost would be 350. It is important to note that the class would run 8 hours so I think that will give everyone plenty of one on one time. To entice people I would provide a lunch, of my homemade pork BBQ, with homemade coleslaw, baked beans, homemade chili, and drinks. Afterwards I think some beer and wine are called for

I realize this is not a great discount so I am still up for the idea of the class up at Dave's place. There we could have a class of 7 people for only $150 per person. If we can't get 7 the cost would just increase to make up the difference.

So what does everyone think?

Bill