Quantcast
Dave's Sharpening Class - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Sharpening Class

Are there any potential dates? I'm in unless I have to be out of town....

I'm in for either.

I need some advanced notice on the date though. I have a tough time getting off.

i'm in the dc area and i'm interested too. but i'm not clear on cost. are you saying $350 per person, or $350 for the group divided by however many people there are?
    "Man's most valuable trait is a judicious sense of what not to believe."

For VA we are looking to get 8 students. The cost is $350 (ea) if we get the target 8 student attendance.

I'm sorry for the cost being so high, and yes I do realize this is VERY expensive, but my losses to attend would be great if I didn't charge as much.

I can offer the same class here in PA for up to 7 students for $150 (ea) though this requires the students to travel here.

I think it's safe to say the local class is not going to have enough interest.

How many are interested in the all day class up at Dave's? Dave's usual class size is 7 which makes it $150 per person. It would be an 8 hr. class. The class cost is $1050 so everyone can do the math to see if is cost effective for themselves if say only 5 signed up.

As you chime in maybe you could add the min class size you would be interested in.

I am not local to NOVA or MD but interested in registering for a PA class.

Bill/ Dave -- sorry to back down from the DC area event. I fully understand the economics, but that $ would be better for me to put towards a one-to-one session a little ways down the road.

I know that this was mentioned a while ago. However, I am also all for a west coast class. Maybe john would be a part of this. Anyway, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Bill/ Dave -- sorry to back down from the DC area event. I fully understand the economics, but that $ would be better for me to put towards a one-to-one session a little ways down the road.
    Just to be clear, I don't want anyone to believe that I(and I think Dave would agree), think that anybody has "backed out". I feel that until the cost is known all one can do is express an interest. If we had gotten to the point that the cost was known and people had agreed on a date and then someone said nope, maybe then. That sais I appreciate you explanation and agree with it. That is why I was offering the food and drinks to also make it like an ECG.

I think this as shown that we have enough forum members who are pretty passionate/obsessive about their knives and cooking in the DC metro area that we need to start thinking about an ECG this spring

I'm still here. Keep me posted if we decide on a date.