Quantcast
Dave's Sharpening Class
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Sharpening Class

Dave's Sharpening Class

I've watched Dave's video several times along with Jon's and while they are good, and helped me get better, I feel like I would benefit greatly by taking the class. I do much better in an environment where mistakes can be corrected and questions answered as they come up.
    I wanted to see if any other KKF members would be interested in a small class in the near future. We could either meet up at Dave's place or carpool if some of the DC area members are interested.

Another option is to have Dave come to the DC area. We could either meet at someone's home (I would be happy to offer mine) or somewhere else - I am open to ideas!

I have corresponded with Dave about this and he is open to both ideas. We haven't discussed numbers yet because there are too many variables, but it would cost more for him to come to DC area for obvious reasons, but I was thinking if enough were interested the time saved driving might make it worth while. And afterwards we could have dinner at Chuck's place The Green Pig in Arlington, VA, or Marc's place bistro blanc MD, or Travis's place Art and Soul in DC. So many great choices!!

Bill

I'm interested--please keep me posted if/when you have more details.

Thanks for exploring this. I'm interested and can offer up our house for the event if it works out that way. We're in the Tyson's Corner area.

I'm potentially interested depending on cost and timing - may have a friend interested too. Will be monitoring.

you guys have to make this happen. I had a great time, made some new friends and it helped my sharpening unbeliveably

Took the same class with turbo and yes, it was very very informative. Nothing like a hands-on experience.

Wanna set up a west coast version?? :lol:

I'd be interested based on time and date! I'm in gaithersburg, md.

Count me in. I could use something a little past a beginner class (maybe getting into edge repair or some single-bevel techniques)

David,

I was hoping you would be up for this. I guess that is a potential problem - a class with wildly different skill sets. I was thinking that 6 would probably be the most that would work, but Dave M. if you have an opinion on class size please chip in.

Bill