Japanese Knives Gesshin Hide x Ashiya Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Gesshin Hide 270mm Blue #1 Yanagiba with natural stone finish from an Ashiya Suita

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...tones/ashiya-suita-205mm-75mm-45mm-1662g.html

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...in-hide-270mm-blue-1-hon-kasumi-yanagiba.html

1890348_10152000676433860_113305709_o.jpg

i hadnt done a test video for this, so i figured i'd show people what the stone is capable of

on the softer side of suita... kind of similar in feeling to our gesshin 6000 hardness-wise

Beautiful stone. Your description says this:

It is a medium hardness, leaving little to no streaking around the curves of bevels.

Could you explain that streaking a little--I'm not familiar with the concept. Thanks---

on harder stones, you will notice that around curves, streaks develop due to the lack of mud and inability of the store to conform to the surface of the knife. See the bottom knife in the attached image...

vrk3.jpg

Jon's site will not talk to me again, Do I have bad breath, any one else having trouble?
getting this error in both Firefox & IE

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Trace: #0 /home/japanese/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 /home/japanese/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(313): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#2 /home/japanese/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 /home/japanese/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#4 /home/japanese/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#5 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(169): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SET NAMES utf8')
#6 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(110): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->_newConnection('pdo_mysql', Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element)) #7 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(141): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_setup')
#8 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(234): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->__construct('core_setup')
#9 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#10 /home/japanese/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#11 /home/japanese/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#12 /home/japanese/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#13 {main}

Yes, I've been denied access for the last day or do as well.

sorry guys... mysql issues... fixed for now... looking into the underlying problem as we speak

Doh. I was scrounging up pennies to buy this stone and now the cat is out of the bag! :curse:

Or maybe I have to buy both the knife and the stone...

Back