• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: EDC folder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleue

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Wanted to check here on the forum before I hit up ebay. Interested in buying a new EDC as mine seems to have 'walked away' at work though it probably ended up in one of our laundry bags never to be seen again. It was a kershaw blur which I liked as it was fast to open, stout, non serrated, and just got the job done. Only problem was the recurved blade was a pain to sharpen. I'd buy it again but am open to other things. I like the assisted opening a lot. Would love to try a leek as it seems like it would fit the bill and be easy to sharpen. Not trying to spend a ton of money as this will basically be for breaking down cardboard boxes and using the handle to lever the caps off beers. Thanks!

I carry a CRKT M16-14SFG. I does have some serration on the blade and the tanto tip is not great. (I modified the tip to a drop point via a diamond stone from Harbor Freight.) It is pretty much a single bevel knife so the serrations are easy to keep sharp and actually come in handy from time to time.

It does have a swing guard and a double lock- which I find a great feature on folders since I had a lock fail and the blade closed on my finger- 8 stitches as I remember it. Who knew you couldn't pry things with a folding knife?

Carried tip down, an index finger on the swing guard opens the knife very quickly. I took a knife and stick fighting class with a badass Marine MP and this was the knife he recommended and carried. I have chopped small kindling and have had no issues with the pivot or lock.

I misplaced the knife for about a month and ordered a 2nd because I never found anything that I liked better. Price off of eBay is similar to the Kershaw Blur. Mine are well used so I'd be embarrassed to even try to sell one.

Check out Kershawguy. Some really good deals there and fast shipping.

I really like the Leek, but mine keep disappearing also... Had the D2 blade and really loved it, held up well for general everyday tasks. I would love a fancy custom one, but I keep losing them.

Stefan

Spyderco anything, or Rader's neckers. I carry it in my pocket, around home, and use the Spydie Tasman for work. They are both awesome!

Hey everyone,
Wanted to check here on the forum before I hit up ebay. Interested in buying a new EDC as mine seems to have 'walked away' at work though it probably ended up in one of our laundry bags never to be seen again. It was a kershaw blur which I liked as it was fast to open, stout, non serrated, and just got the job done. Only problem was the recurved blade was a pain to sharpen. I'd buy it again but am open to other things. I like the assisted opening a lot. Would love to try a leek as it seems like it would fit the bill and be easy to sharpen. Not trying to spend a ton of money as this will basically be for breaking down cardboard boxes and using the handle to lever the caps off beers. Thanks!

OP is looking to buy an EDC from someone here at KKF. He's not asking for recommendations, that'd be for another section anyway.

I have an all black SOG Aegis(AE-02) that is NIB. Tried to get into EDCs a few years ago but got bored with them. Never carried a knife before because I didn't have a need for one. After carrying one for a little while, nothing changed and I still didn't need one so I quit carrying a knife and sold most of my collection.

If you're interested PM me.

Back