Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passaround - Kanetsune 165mm Deba

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Little update on this one.
    I got this in the mail late last week. Dave contacted me and told me the tip had been damaged in shipping because he failed to use the almighty reusable Korin box! This is a little joke between Dave & I as we have exchanged lots of knives over time. The same Korin box got used about 20 times. I hope he got that thing bronzed!
    Anyway, fixed the tip today and sharpened her up -just to be in line with the new tip. This is a great looking deba and I can't wait to slay some fishies with it!
    Thanks Dave!
    Get some more Korin boxes!
    Before: [IMG][/IMG]

After:
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Knerd, The irony here is that the knife had just come from Jon's after Pete graciously arranged a tune-up. It was pristine until my favorite welfare organization got a hold of it.

You'll see the Korin box again soon...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Knerd, The irony here is that the knife had just come from Jon's after Pete graciously arranged a tune-up. It was pristine until my favorite welfare organization got a hold of it.

You'll see the Korin box again soon...
    LOL, what luck eh Dave… Thanks for sharing a picture of Jon's work on the deba as I was very curious as to how it would turn out. Jon's sharpening looked amazing and while I'm on the subject, Chris' tip repair ain't half bad either.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Sorry for the delay, but I've just enjoyed using this one too much. It is actually quite a looker as well. I've dispatched several snapper, salmon and grouper with this baby. I really dig the size and the handle is really nice. I'll get this shipped out to Mr. Ramen either tomorrow or Saturday.
    Thanks for the passaround Dave. We need to do more of these. I know the passaround frequency has diminished since the whole Jmadams13 fiasco, but I think I trust a lot of you.....................
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Sorry for the delay, but I've just enjoyed using this one too much. It is actually quite a looker as well. I've dispatched several snapper, salmon and grouper with this baby. I really dig the size and the handle is really nice. I'll get this shipped out to Mr. Ramen either tomorrow or Saturday.
    Thanks for the passaround Dave. We need to do more of these. I know the passaround frequency has diminished since the whole Jmadams13 fiasco, but I think I trust a lot of you.....................
    Oh man! Looks like I'm going to be eating fish at home all week (we just get sides in at work )

knife arrived safely today! will update you guys soon

knife shipped off to brad today. Message me if you need the tracking. thanks a ton guys!

Looking forward to it, thanks for the update.

What do you guys think about the size? I'm considering a first deba (home cook) and wondering whether to go 165 or 180mm.

165 can handle 3kg fish easily. If you're not going to buy anything much bigger than that, then 165 is enough.

180 is not that much bigger either, and it is still nimble enough for small fish. It is also a good choice for home cook.