• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S 2 GYUTOS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchy

Reaction score
These are shipped CONUS

Both are sporting new Ho wood D Shaped Wa Handles with black buffalo horn bolsters.
Handles are made in Sanjo and are the same handles Shigefusa use on their knives. Handles purchased from Maxim at JNS.

Tojiro ITK 240mm Gyuto-$120
Purchased from Blueway a month ago. New handle and thinned following makers grind. Used once to check my work.
ot10rl.jpg

16lzra.jpg

NOS Forgecraft 10" Chef's Knife-$160
Purchased NOS from ebay. Converted to Wa, rounded spine and choil, thinned following factory grind. Used at home a handful of times.
2nuul2p.jpg

21djuif.jpg

more pictures if requested

These are nice knives, I hope they are available Sunday when I have the funds!

You have some of the cleanest knives for sale. Your last 5 and these two look amazing. Clean lines and classic looks.

Thanks for the kind words. I try my best to keep the catch and release knives purty. Now the knives I beat on at work all day.. They've got some battle scars. :)

Price drop

Tojiro : $100

Forgecraft : $150

Is the Tojiro really significantly thinner than the Forgecraft of is that just my vision/the picture? I've used a refurbished Forgie that was near lazer status and was looking for something like that.

Forgecrafts originally have rounded heels. A choil shot doesn't really give it justice.

Final Drop

Tojiro
$90
Forgecraft
$120

or trade?!?!

Back