• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Ohira Renge Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markenki

Reaction score
I'm selling an Ohira Renge Suita that I bought from Maksim. It's a beautiful collector-grade stone and a wonderful polisher, but I have another Ohira Suita (no renge pattern, unfortunately) that performs similarly. I can't justify keeping both, so I'm selling the prettier one. The renge pattern on this is beautiful and goes all the way through the stone as you can tell by inspecting the sides and bottom. You probably know that these stones are getting rarer and more difficult to come by these days.

It's sealed with shellac on the sides and bottom. I used this three times since receiving it. As you can see, it's been hardly used as the kanji stamps from Maksim are still quite visible.

Here's the original listing on Maksim's site (Maksim, I hope you don't mind): http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ohira-range-suita-lv-3-5/

The dimensions are 220mm x 80mm x 40mm. This is a large stone that you should be able to pass down to your grandchildren. Comes with the original wooden box.

I'm asking $950 shipped in CONUS. Paypal only, please. Sorry, I won't ship this internationally.

More photos here:
http://imgur.com/a/xXeDV

dqcLg1N.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Really nice stone! I think Ohira suitas are more consistent -- meaning that you can have a certain expectation of the stone's excellent performance... expecially compared to stones from other mines. If I didnt already have nearly 10 ohira suitas, I'd be all over this.

I wanted to buy this stone, it really 'speaks' to me. Unfortunately Mark could not answer me for some time and i thought this stone was sold/unavailable. In the meantime the Ohira Suita from Asteger showed up on the BST. I bought this one and it's on its way to me.

The one from Mark in this BST thread is similar, but with much more renge and brighter colors. I would have preferred the stone from Mark, but can't justify two very similar stones.

Prices for these went up and may go higher. IMHO, it's a beautiful stone and a very good deal.

Still available. Price drop: $890. If this doesn't sell by the end of the month, I'll withdraw it. A stone this nice shouldn't be subjected to this kind of humiliation. :)

Latest posts

Back