• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tilman niolox gyuto FS or trade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today im selling or trading my custom tilman niolox gyuto. Got it less than 2 weeks ago. Sharpened once, used once. It was custom designed for me, which means it was made for a lefty. But i dont think the grind is too asymetric, you be the judge. Heres tilmans pics.

Heres some more pics i took

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/j7kw6vj]
kw6v.jpg
[/URL]

Edge length is around 267mm. Im asking $450 shipped conus, or full or partial trades for 240mm-270mm shig , heiji (preferably carbon), kochi v2 , takeda...or something similar.

Thanks.

does Tillman still accept orders?

and since I am looking for a custom (From this maker) why are you selling it?

Oh man, if this was a little bit shorter, I would be all over it.

Tilman still does customs. The knife is an awesome cutter and has a great grind, plus outstanding fit and finish. I dont have a real good reason for selling the knife. Its worth every penny i paid. Tilman could probably charge much more for his work if he wanted too.

This is a rare one on BST.

I have the a 270 short gyuto (tall slicer). It's a super thin slice trough anything tool, perfect Fit and and finish and I can get a very fine edge with this steel. There are some very positive reviews of his knives on the forum.

Sudden nacho cravings..hmm

any particular reason you're selling this off? it looks pretty sick.. not sure the profile suits me though

share your niolox/sb1 experience please.

Best stainless steel ive ever used. Ive heard people call it very "wear resistant steel" however i think wear resistant steel requires more time on the stones, where as niolox steel sharpens quickly, deburrs fast, can hold really toothy edges and hold very low degree bevels so you can experiment with different sharpening angles.

Sudden nacho cravings..hmm

any particular reason you're selling this off? it looks pretty sick.. not sure the profile suits me though

The knife was basically designed by me, and i can assure you the profile is awesome! but some of my tastes changed over time. Dont really use much stainless anymore. Kinda have a preference for clad knives now too. I dont mind keeping it if i need too.

So nobody has a dredded wedge monster takeda they want to get rid of? Haha! I got a couple of decent trade offers. Theyre not exactly what I'm looking for but pretty close. I plan on waiting 2-3 more days to see what other interest develops, then the tilman will be sent to a new home.

I've had 2 Tilman Niolox knives for a good while now and they're great. I bought a new car just before Christmas and I'm gonna buy an Xbox One or else I'd buy this for sure. Niolox is great, holds an edge for a very long time and is pretty straightforward to sharpen. Tilman is a pretty cool guy, he definitely knows his stuff

Tilman arrived today. All I can say is, this knife will never be seen again on B/S/T Thanks again Craig.

Back