First lottery knife - first impressions 255 western gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear1889

Reaction score
Ok this is going to be a first impression review.

I picked this up from the post office today.

Blade edge length is a hair less than 10 inches. Fit and finish is outstanding. The thing is wicked sharp.

Fixed a fritatta to take to work this week. Diced onion, green pepper, and sliced cooked cold chicken sausage. Three different textures the worst being cold chick sausage in link form. Thing is amazing it cut everything efficiently, which is saying a lot given the textures and stickiness of onion and the cold sausage.

Like I said first impression, I am trying to get use to the handle, which will shortly fall into place. Just getting the feel of it. Nice hand filling design without being obnoxiously thick. I switch between full handle grip and a pinch grip works both ways.

Damn it's just a well balanced instrument. I would love to have a stainless "line knife" from Marko. If I was a pro all my knives would be from Marko.

Oh btw it's a beauty.

dmf2.jpg

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, pics or it didn't happen.

Ok additional impressions, light and agile without feeling weak or fragile. The tip flexes from the tip to about two or three inches back toward the heel then stiffens. It is just really balanced. I have or had several chef/gyutos and this is by far is the best I have ever had, seriously. One test I have not given it is slicing a rutabaga, which is the hardest root vegetable to initially cut up that I eat.

Back