twelve bar turkish twist gyoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
this is the last knife forged in my old shop. new shop to open soon.

blade length; 10 inches
blade thickness at spine; .115, mid point; .080, .5 inches behind tip; .030
blade height at heel; 2.25 inches
bolster and pins; 416 stainless
handle; black sheep horn

large.jpg

spectacular way to say goodbye to the old shop

That makes indeed a great final effort for the old shop!

Thank you all so much.

Huw, those are the scales we talked about a while ago. Thanks for bringing then back to my attention.

thanks guys the next one is going to be a keyhole with blackwood handle. but not until the new shop is up and running. hopefully in time to get it done for the Seattle international knife show. if so it will be for sale on my table.

I sat in a demonstration with Jerry Rados last summer on how to make the Turkish twist. I love how the end result is achieved, never would have thought how it was done. Excellent work as usual Bill.

I sat in a demonstration with Jerry Rados last summer on how to make the Turkish twist. I love how the end result is achieved, never would have thought how it was done. Excellent work as usual Bill.

Thank you. This was a forging demo at a hammerin this last year.

Yes I went to a Abs hammer in Troy Oh. Was a good turn out.

That is a cool looking knife and handle :doublethumbsup:

really nice. i like the way the damascus pattern blurs near the front edge. Somehow, a purely symettrical pattern is a bit boring and makes it look like the blade was stamped out in a production run. Have always liked Bill's work and the high point of my life would be to visit his shop one day

Latest posts

Back