2014 Shop Notes First Quarter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
Last year was extra busy and the busy season is continuing. As of this writing, I have 120 to 130 orders in the shop I am working on. To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement. But I am getting through the crush of orders as quickly as I can so if you have an order in the shop, please understand I am working as quickly as I can. A new part-timer will start next week which will help but there will be a training period to get him up to speed. The weather forecast for today is for a lot of snow which may shorten my day oday and close me for tomorrow, we will have to see what the weather brings.

A customer has asked a valid question recently and I wanted to put the answer out on the forum so it can be seen not only by those who are members here but by those who do internet searches.

In January I had to post price increases for all my products. The last price increase was in January 2012 and since then I have had price increases for everything I use; raw wood, glue, stainless steel screws, rubber tip for the feet, boxes, packing foam and the list goes on. The only thing I haven't seen an increase on is rent, so far. The increase was necessary so I could continue to make a small profit and keep the doors open. So I hope the readers will understand.

I know I understand that, food prices keep going up from our wholesalers. Gas goes up, everything goes up. Thanks for the heads up tho, been thinking of ordering a board for a while now, but I think I will wait a little bit longer.

Wishing you the best in 2014!!!! I'll be looking to sneak in another order sometime soon!

I've had one of David's boards for a couple of years and love it, so I ordered one for a family member on Dec. 6, 2013. I know that David has had a huge number of orders, so I waited a month and emailed him to ask about it. No reply, another month, another email, no reply. Another email and a phone call about three weeks ago, no reply. So, he has my money for the board but refuses to communicate with me about it. Really unprofessional.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I would try calling him again. In my experience he is usually easier to reach on the phone becuase he is not exactly at a computer during the day. He did post a couple weeks back about person issues that have been requiring a great deal of his attention.

I've had one of David's boards for a couple of years and love it, so I ordered one for a family member on Dec. 6, 2013. I know that David has had a huge number of orders, so I waited a month and emailed him to ask about it. No reply, another month, another email, no reply. Another email and a phone call about three weeks ago, no reply. So, he has my money for the board but refuses to communicate with me about it. Really unprofessional.

I believe your board did ship some time ago and a UPS notice was sent to the email address you provided when the order was made. I am shipping again today and will track with the history and tracking number to see where it went but I don't think the tracking numbers will still be active after this long. Nonetheless, a replacement will go out today. Enjoy!

So your only contribution to the site is to complain about a vendor that's been part of this community forever? You have no credibility, please leave and don't come back until you learn how to socialize properly.

Yes, oh Grand Poobah and Senior Member of the forum, I shall now slink off into the sunset, properly admonished about my behavior. But David did not send the board before and I never got a UPS notice about it until a couple of days ago when David actually sent the board. After three months of being stonewalled about an order of four months ago, I finally got my board, didn't I?

Yes, oh Grand Poobah and Senior Member of the forum, I shall now slink off into the sunset, properly admonished about my behavior. But David did not send the board before and I never got a UPS notice about it until a couple of days ago when David actually sent the board. After three months of being stonewalled about an order of four months ago, I finally got my board, didn't I?

Fair enough, you told your side of the story, but as someone that's been leading/managing organizations for decades I know there are always two sides to every story. This should have been handled behind the scenes. At a minimum, it should not represent your first and second post. If I did the same thing in a forum that you are well established with, would you not question me too?

Back