Introduction

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,
Here is little about myself:

After a past in professions such as auto mechanic, mechanical drafter, and designer of high–end aerospace armor, I finally discovered that nothing is more satisfying to me than designing a tool that I can create and hold in my hand, and appreciate for a lifetime.
I love facing the challenge of designing and making knives that hold specific features for high-performance in the kitchen environment, with comfortable grip design for professionals and slice-a-holics alike.
My steel comes from a quality East Coast vender, it's more expensive up front, but they provide a superior product in my experience that really shows in performance. I hand select all wood from a local exotic wood vendor in Portland, Oregon. An area I have grown up loving while enjoying life, product design, triathlons, and the creation and collection of high quality cutting tools.

Have fun in the kitchen!

-Ian Rogers

Welcome to KKF! Looking forward to giving your website a browse.

The Couve! Awesome!! Welcome Ian! This may be bad for my bank account that you're right across the river. I'm stoked to see what you turn out!

You have a shop space over there? My buddy and I are a couple years from retrofitting his shop to make knives and shurikens or whatever tickles our fancy hah!

gavin.

Welcome! Always good to have another maker on the forums!

The Couve! Awesome!! Welcome Ian! This may be bad for my bank account that you're right across the river. I'm stoked to see what you turn out!

You have a shop space over there? My buddy and I are a couple years from retrofitting his shop to make knives and shurikens or whatever tickles our fancy hah!

gavin.

Thank you,
I'm still working out of the garage and it's continually getting smaller and smaller...
You should do it! making knives is the bees knees.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I'm excited to be here and get to know everyone.

Welcome! Your knives have a very distinct style. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them (how you arrived at those profiles, etc.)

Haburn are all of your knives Kiriutske (sp?) tipped

Haburn are all of your knives Kiriutske (sp?) tipped
No, but I can understand why you would think that looking through my site. One of the knives I'm currently working on is 10" chef with a more traditional French profile to it.

Nice...I hear ya on the French profile even though I prefer a Japanese profile with a lot less belly

Welcome, Ian. I've been following you and your work on BF. You make beautiful pieces.

Welcome, Ian. I've been following you and your work on BF. You make beautiful pieces.
Thank you, I'm not always sure how my pieces are going to be perceived, so it's good to hear that!

Don Nguyen said:
Nice to see you on here Ian!
Thanks, good to be here. I enjoyed the imgur pics from your visit with Carter; it looks like you had a good time!

Welcome
Like the website you have some nice looking knives can't wait to see more.

I tried to buy a Nakiri you had up over there, but it got snatched up...then I did the big sell-off. Haha.

For those who don't know Ian's work - you're gonna love the styling!

Oh, and give me a good French profile any day! Multi-purpose and classic is always a great thing in chef's knives.

Welcome, look forward to seeing more of your work.
What is it with knifemakers and the Pacific Northwest????

Back