Latest Work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my latest project. It's still a work in progress but I think it has potential.

Thats really pretty! it makes me feel calm and reminds me quite a bit of spending time in Hawaii.

Really dig the direction you have the clouds/sky in contrast with your reference point on the beech. Draws one in more.
Oh yeah, it looks great as well.

I totally agree with the calm feeling it imparts and that is draws you in. And your photography background is showing by the 'rule of thirds' -- but that is what really, really makes it so nice in my mind.

nice work.
makes me feel that i should get back in to chalk drawing.

You're really improving, Salty. That is a nice piece. I'd be happy to hang that in my living room.

Let me know when you feel like sending one to Canada. It looks great.

I'm flattered. Actually you're not the only one that has asked.

When it's done I'm going to take a high quality photo with some enhancements. I'll print them on my 19x13 photo printer and send them to who ever wants one for the cost of paper, ink and shipping. About $7.00 plus shipping. It will fit into a 16x20 frame with a 18x12 matte. Which you can buy as cheap as $25-$30.

One of these days I hope to make some money on my extracurricular activities but I'm not worried about it at the moment as long as it's stress free. That would defeat the purpose.

Beautiful! I like colour harmony between the Sky & Lake.

beautiful work Sir and i would happily hang that on my wall

One of these days I hope to make some money on my extracurricular activities but I'm not worried about it at the moment as long as it's stress free. That would defeat the purpose.

Wisdom

Update.
I keep the easel and paints in the living room and pick up a brush when the mood suits me.

From a professional point of view I would cut back the highlighting on upper sections of the..... I have no idea what I am talking about:laugh:
Looking really good, you actually get a feel of the waves rolling in:doublethumbsup:

I'll admit I preferred it with the brighter yellow band just above the water, but it still is very nice. There seemed to be more vibrancy/ turmoil in the first pic, and this one is a little more muted. Two different moods; neither right or wrong, but elicits slightly different emotions.

Back