Quantcast
THIS SUCKS! BIG TIME!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THIS SUCKS! BIG TIME!

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC

THIS SUCKS! BIG TIME!

Just saw the ads in my threads. Now who is the idiot that placed an ad for another board maker in my sub-forum? And on top of that it is for a maker on etsy, just another amateur who can't afford eBay or to set out on their own. Kind of like placing an ad for XYZ knife maker on ABC's sub-forum. I don't mind a little competition but this is absurd! If the maker wants their own sub-forum and can pay for it, them have at it but to infringe on my paid for sub-forum with ads from an amateur maker makes no sense.

I am Pi@@#%!

Can't say I blame you.

Still Plays With Blocks
    That didn't take long! They seem to be gone, for now.

Clicking the little triangle in the bottom of the post generates a report of the post to the entire team- that's the best way to address something like this in the future.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Wasn't aware of the triangle.

Are you saying it was spam?

I can understand the reaction as well. I seem to recall that when the transfer in ownership occurred, it was indicated that adds would not be added to the site. But it seems like ads are displayed only when viewing the site when not logged in. I also assume that the ads displayed are targeted to the individual based on his/her browsing history, searches etc. So the add for the other board maker may not be displayed to everyone that visits your subforum.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Quote Originally Posted by jer View Post
    I can understand the reaction as well. I seem to recall that when the transfer in ownership occurred, it was indicated that adds would not be added to the site. But it seems like ads are displayed only when viewing the site when not logged in. I also assume that the ads displayed are targeted to the individual based on his/her browsing history, searches etc. So the add for the other board maker may not be displayed to everyone that visits your subforum.
    Just logged out, looked at the thread and saw ads for Siemens, a site selling aids for getting up and down stairs and one other selling something or other. So if a visitor is searching for cutting boards on the internet, ends up here on my sub-forum, as a lot seem to do, then sees an ad for a rank amateur selling their brand of boards, isn't that ad highly misleading giving the visitor the impression that maker is somehow related to me?

Are you sure it's not adware on your computer that is generating the ads? I've never seen an advertisement on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Are you sure it's not adware on your computer that is generating the ads? I've never seen an advertisement on this forum.
    Log out. Then you'll see them, embedded in the page:

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

I just log out on firefox and turned off all adblocks and yeah there is an ad there for cutting boards. It's seems to be ads from google so it'll track the words on that page and show a related ad there.

Damn it shows up everywhere! Like the post above.